Welding sparks, grinder fragments, falling debris and heavy equipment are just a few of the fearful hazards present within the gas and oil industry. In today's blog post, the ToolFreak Team are going to discuss the importance of wearing Safety Glasses while highlighting the many benefits they bring to those wearing them.
If you work in the gas and oil industry, we are more than certain, you will be well aware of the dangerous hazards ever present within this sector! Today, we will be discussing ways in which you can prepare and combat the dangers mentioned above, as your safety and wellbeing really is a paramount priority!
So, first of all, what hazards are present in the gas and oil industry?
From the use of heavy machinery, to dealing with extremely high temperatures, to confronting flying debris, fragments and sparks, it is extremely evident that there are a number of dangerous; and potentially injury inflicting hazards present within this specific sector.
With this handful of hazards before you, it is vital that you are well equipped and well prepared to battle these potential hazards. With this in mind, we believe that you should of course put in place precautionary and preventative work practice, endure intense training, be surrounded by clear signage and utilise high-quality, industry tested and rated equipment and workwear.
Of course, all of these factors are important and integral in their own right when it comes to maintaining safety on the job; and we here at ToolFreak believe that every factor should be well thought out to ensure paramount safety! However, in today's post, we are going to place the spotlight on one particular aspect; and that is the utilisation of Safety Eyewear within this industry!
How can Safety Glasses offer a helping hand within the gas and oil industry?
- Safety Glasses could deem extremely helpful when it comes to combatting welding sparks and extremely hot liquids, especially those with impact rated, wraparound lenses! Snug fitting Safety Glasses with wraparound lenses provide you with peripheral coverage; and allow you to see with great clarity. This means that your eyes can be protected at a variety of different angles, which means you can have an eagle eye and focus on the task in hand. The benefits do not stop there, when you have fantastic clarity and insane focus you can be more aware and alert, so you can have a good understanding of the potential hazards around you, such as extremely hot liquids.
- When you're handling heavy equipment, you need to be alert! Well, when you wear Safety Glasses you can enhance your awareness and therefor stay constantly alert! This means you can have a good understanding of what is going on around you, so forget about distraction and distortion and stay safe on the job!
- Falling debris can be extremely dangerous! If debris enters your eyes it can have not just damaging but detrimental repercussions. So it goes without saying that you need to take this factor seriously! When you wear wraparound Safety Glasses that are rated to EN166F standards, you can breathe a long sigh of relief; as these lenses are designed to protect your eyes from a number of high velocity hazards, including the striking of debris! Wear Safety Glasses and worry less when it comes to the presence of debris and other hazardous particles, your Protective Eyewear will have your eyes covered!
- Following on from the above point, grinder fragments can be dangerously hazardous while working in the oil and gas industry, so be sure to shop for Safety Glasses to stop the entering and penetration of this painful object!
- Safety Glasses with Polarized lenses are extremely useful when it comes to working outdoors throughout sunny spells, this is because they are designed to combat the intense glare of the sun; a hazard in itself, that can cause distraction and distortion! If you work within the gas and oil industry, you will complete a variety of tasks outdoors, under the presence of the overwhelming sun, so be sure to pop a pair of Polarized Safety Glasses on to stay safe and efficient on the job!
Ok, so I understand the importance of Safety Eyewear within the Oil and Gas industry, but what specific features should I look for?
If you are looking to invest in a pair of Safety Glasses we would highly recommend looking for these favourable features:
- Ensure that the Safety Glasses are EN166F rated.
- Select the most suitable lens colour to you and your working environment.
- Look for a pair of Safety Glasses that are snug-fitting to your face.
- Scout for Safety Eyewear that is comfortable and easy to transport.
- Discuss your Safety Eyewear with your Safety Officer, Manager or regulator prior to purchasing.
If you would like to shop ToolFreak Safety Glasses please click here! Our Safety Glasses tick every single box, so what are you waiting for, shop ToolFreak today!
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or require any further information!
Have a good one!
The ToolFreak Team!